Участник:Репина Елена

Материал из Vladimir

Перейти к: навигация, поиск
Repina.jpg

'Репина Елена Анатольевна Учитель иностранного языка МОУ Новосельская сош Суздальского района. Стаж работы - 16 лет, первая квалификационная категория.

Welcome to Bogolyubovo


Image002.jpg


The road to Bogolyubovo still follows much the same route as the old one which led from Vladimir, the capital, to the Grand Prince's castle at Bogolyubovo. Outside the village of Dobroye, on the right of the main road, traces of the oldest Stone Age settlement in the area were discovered during clay quarrying. Further along on the ridge of the high left bank above the Klyazma there are remains of earthworks belonging to a twelfth-century fortress built on the site of a Slavonic-Merya settlement dating back to the ninth century overlooking the head of a gully and the bends of the Klyazma. Along the gully flowed the small river Sungir. This fortress guarded the border of the Vladimir lands on which the capital itself stood. The small town on the Sungir comes into sight when the road rises after crossing the bridge over the Sungir gully. The large village of Bogolyubovo played an extremely important role in Russian history and culture during the twelfth century. It is beautifully situated on high hills with an excellent view of the Klyazma water-meadows, the sharp bends of the river, the forests beyond and the gleaming white Church of the Intercession on the Nerl in the distance. The buildings that have survived in Bogolyubovo take us back to the turbulent early period of Prince Andrei Bogolyubsky's reign, the years 1158-1165, when Vladimir had become the new capital of the principality and was being adorned with a multitude of beautiful new buildings. The royal residence at Bogolyubovo was also built during this period.

  Legend tell us that when prince Andrei was bringing the miraculous icon of Holy Virgin Mary from Kiev to Rostov, the horses bearing the sacred object stopped on this spot and refused to go any further. It was also said that the Virgin Mary herself appeared to Andrei when he was sleeping in his tent during the journey, and interceded on his behalf, taking him under her divine protection. This legend is reflected in the large icon of the Virgin Mary commissioned by Andrei and now in the Vladimir Museum. She is shown standing and praying to Christ with the Deesis on the upper border of the icon repeating the theme of Intercession and protection which was very popular in Vladimir art of the twelfth century. Judging by the fragments of the painting that have survived the icon was just as beautiful and expressive as the famous Vladimir one.

Legend tell us that when prince Andrei was bringing the miraculous icon of Holy Virgin Mary from Kiev to Rostov, the horses bearing the sacred object stopped on this spot and refused to go any further. It was also said that the Virgin Mary herself appeared to Andrei when he was sleeping in his tent during the journey, and interceded on his behalf, taking him under her divine protection. This legend is reflected in the large icon of the Virgin Mary commissioned by Andrei and now in the Vladimir Museum. She is shown standing and praying to Christ with the Deesis on the upper border of the icon repeating the theme of Intercession and protection which was very popular in Vladimir art of the twelfth century. Judging by the fragments of the painting that have survived the icon was just as beautiful and expressive as the famous Vladimir one.

Image006.jpg

Andrey ordered to build a stone fortified palace that dates from 1158 - 65 at this strategic spot near the meeting of the Neri and Klyazma rivers. Nearby, in 1165, he built possibly the most perfect of all old Russian buildings, the Church of the Intercession on the Nerl.Andrey ordered to build a stone fortified palace that dates from 1158 - 65 at this strategic spot near the meeting of the Neri and Klyazma rivers. Nearby, in 1165, he built possibly the most perfect of all old Russian buildings, the Church of the Intercession on the Nerl.